Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Morning

Why do my kids wake up so early? Its still dark out. They are tired. Don't they need sleep?

The worst part is that they wake up and they are already wide awake. No, the worst part is that the idea of being quiet because others are sleeping is not something that they understand or care to understand.

5:30 am
Holden:
MOMMMMY? WHAT DOES A MONGOOSE EAT?

Um... I have no idea. Its dark out. I can only look up the eating habits of the mongoose when its light out.

OH. Well, Paddington was so cute and he licked my hand and I think he is hungry and maybe I could feed him now . Should I give him the blue plate or the white plate? But Oliver wants to feed Chloe, but thats not fair because he got to the other day. When I was on the playground I fell but I didn't cry and on the other day it was PE day , but how come I always have to scooter to school when I wanted to ride my bike?

I don't know, please go back to sleep.

OK, but I really wanted to be with someone.

Mmmm.

Silence. Then I hear crashing and giggling and stomping and the sound of herds of antelope running from danger. Holden has woken Laurel and Griffin.

Holden? Did you wake the babies?

No, they were awake but I just needed to be with them.

Laurel:
MOMMY? DADDY? I WANT BREAKFAST. BREEEEAAAAKKKKFFFAAASSSSTTT. I HUNGRY. Hey mommy? HEY MOMMY! I want miiiiilllllk, mommy. I WANT MILK. MOMMY! DADDY! I WANT MIIILLLLLKKKK.

Oliver:
NEED GET DRESSED. NEED MIGHTY BITES. NEED BLUE PANTS. NEED LETTER SHIRT. EHHEH, EHEHH, EHHEHHH, AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

Griffin:
Hiiiiiii. Hi mommy. Hiiii daddy. Hi Ho'den, Hi O'ber. Hiiiiiii.

OK, I guess everyone is up.

All right guys, mommy and daddy need coffee.

Griffin:
I want coffee mommy. I want coffee.

Well, I guess I'm ready to start another joy filled day.

Why is there a piece of chewed on pizza next to my side of the bed?

No comments: