Saturday, September 27, 2008

Carrots

The other day the kids decided they were starving. Absolutely starving . We had ordered pizza and were waiting for it to arrive. But the kids could not wait. So I gave them baby carrots. If they are so completely ravenous that they can't wait for pizza then wrecking their dinner with carrots is OK by me.
Holden likes carrots, but he was at soccer practice. Oliver, Laurel and Griffin aren't big fans of carrots.
But, to prove just how famished they'd become they ate some carrots. Well, actually they chewed on some carrots. I ate a few to demonstrate just how delicious and fabulous carrots are, and how much fun it was to eat them.
Laurel was very entertained by this show of enthusiasm. She wasn't inspired to eat any carrots, but she did want to feed some to me since clearly I enjoyed them very much. So she'd run over to the table, grab a few and try to stuff them in my mouth.
I obligingly ate a few. Until she shoved a warm one in my mouth. Oh good god, why was it warm?

No comments: