Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Halloween





I know I shouldn't spend time on Facebook, and Instant Messenger, and all of the other online places where I whittle away the hours. These online hideaways are my way of checking out for a little while, take a break from the chaos.
So yesterday I happily chatted with friends, found some faces from the past on Facebook. It was fun. I ignored the silence. The silence. Not the chaos. I ignored the silence.
You'd think I'd catch on. There should NEVER be silence in this house.

Oliver walked through the room. He was green.
Oliver isn't supposed to be green.
I went into the playroom. Green permanent fabric marker. On their clothes, on their faces, they'd given themselves manicures and pedicures, it was on the rug. Did I mention these are permanent fabric paint pens?

Oliver surveyed his green toes, looked up at me and happily said " Happy Halloween".

Happy Halloween, honey.

No comments: