Monday, October 20, 2008

I Got Fired

We can't really afford the babysitter we have. $25 an hour is extreme. But I hired her because she has experience with special needs kids. She has worked with large families. She wasn't intimidated either by the size of my family or the ages of the children. She wasn't intimidated by the idea of a special needs child.

OK. Hired.

She has worked for us for a while now. Its never been ideal. $25 is a lot. It adds up fast. Plus, I hired her with the idea that she'd watch all four. As it turned out she found it difficult to pick up Holden from school. So I had to schedule everything so I could get Holden.

When she watched three I'd come home to find her playing with the twins. Oliver would be off somewhere. I had told her that you actually have to engage him. He didn't seem engaged. She was nice though.

So then I started having her come in the mornings and I'd get some things done. So she watched two children, during their nap time, for $25 an hour.

Then I got a text message.

She was sorry, but she couldn't work for me anymore. Good luck!

Um.. WHAT? I got fired by my babysitter? The babysitter I paid $25 an hour to watch sleeping toddlers?

I asked her why.

She told me it was because her other family now needs her 4x a week and she didn't want to ask me to switch days. Um.. why not??
I would have switched days, had she asked. But I didn't reply to that. I took it as my sign that that was the end of the $25 an hour babysitter.

So now I'm back to having no babysitter.

How do you get fired by a babysitter?
I can't believe I got fired.

Thank god for the Wiggles.

No comments: