Monday, December 8, 2008

Coal

Holden saw Jeff move the elf. Jeff did it in front of Holden.
This is not how its done.

Holden told me he saw Jeff move the elf. I feigned surprise.
" Why would Daddy do that?"

" I don't know. But I saw him"

I had to think fast, not unlike the Grinch when he encounters Cindy Lou Who.
" Well," I said," Daddy did a very bad thing. You are never supposed to touch the elf. The elf can lose his powers if anyone touches or plays with the elf. Daddy better not do that again!"

When Jeff got home I made him read The Elf on the Shelf to everybody. When he got to the part about how no one is supposed to touch the elf, the elf is not a toy, I chimed in with " See, Daddy? No touching the elf!"

Holden added " Yeah, Daddy, I hope the magic isn't all gone".

This is why Jeff always gets coal in his stocking.

2 comments:

jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Calhoun (TwitterMoms.com) said...

OMG, We love Elf on the Shelf in our house! But, I always forget to move the darn Elf - so I wake up at 3 a.m. to go find a perfect spot. I can't believe this is the stuff I lose sleep over! LOL!