Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why I Should Pack the Lunches at Night




Its never a good idea to wait until the morning to pack the lunches. Especially on the days when I have 4 lunches to pack. It doesn't matter how early I get up. The only way to beat the chaos is to get up while everyone is sound asleep. But when is that? 3 am? I don't want to pack lunches at 3 am. I want to sleep.


Of course sleeping isn't an option at 3 am anyway. Thats when WallE, aka 'Possum, finds me. Its like clockwork. I hear this purring machine which get louder and louder. Suddenly he is in my face, on my face, on my head, nuzzling me, nipping at my nose, nuzzling his head into my eye sockets. I have no idea what he is doing or why he is doing it, but its impossible to sleep through.




When he finally scampers off I sleep restlessly for a bit before Griffin stomps in with his shirt choice of the day.


Daddy? Mommy? Wear the G shirt? Get dwessed? Mommy? Daddy?




Sometimes he wears a witch hat.




OOOHHHH Spooky witch!




Then he takes the hat off.




No! ITS GWIFFIN!




Oh hilarious 6 am joke.




Laurel stomps in and flops herself down, and begins expressing her disappointment in the morning.


Where my pwincess kitty shirt? WAAAA WAAAAA I need pwincess kitty! Where my backpack? Where pwincess lunchbox? Where C'rella? Where Jasmine? Need Tinkerbell!




Jeff puts on the coffee. I have to get up before the chaos gains momentum.




Too late.




I NEED CHEERIOS!


I WANTED PANCAKES!


WHY DON'T WE EVER HAVE WAFFLES?


NEED WICE KWISPIES!


MORE MILK!


MORE MILK!


MORE MILK!




I like to point out that no one gets MORE milk before having had any milk, but no one knows what I'm babbling about.




Jeff goes to wake Oliver. He needs to be out the door first, therefore he is the hardest to wake.




We don't have enough counter space to set out all the lunchboxes so I pile them on the toaster. I set out the containers I'll use.


4 containers for grapes


4 containers for jicama sticks


3 containers for cheese ( Laurel won't eat cheese)


4 tubs of yogurt


1 carrot cut into sticks for Griffin, Laurel, and Oliver. Holden gets a whole carrot




Oliver wants an almond butter sandwich. I keep the plate and knife separate from everything else. Holden's school is nut free.




Edamame for Holden. No one else will eat it.


Crackers for everyone.




MORE MILK


MORE CHEERIOS


NO! WHERE MY SPOON?


OH NO! NEED NAPKIN!


HELP I SPILLED!


NOOOO THATS MINE! NO I DO IT!


MORE BAGEL I WANNA BAGEL! NOOOOO THA'S MY BAGEL! NO! MINE! I DON'T LIKE CREAM CHEESE! THANKS A LOT! NOW MY DAY IS RUINED!




NOOOOO THATS MY SEAT! OUT! NO MINE! OUT! OUT! MORE CUP! NO!


BACKYARDIGANS CUP! I WANT BACKYARDIGANS CUP! MINE!


NO FAIR! I NEVER GET SCOOBY!


HEY WHY DOES HE HAVE THE GREEN CUP?




OK, maybe some pretzels for everyone, half sandwiches for Laurel and Griffin...




I NEED MILK! OH NO, PADDINGTON'S ON THE TABLE! MOMMY! HELP! HE IS EATING MY CEREAL!




I have to wash the Sigg cups, Holden gets Paddington, Oliver gets the alphabet one, Griffin has the airplane, Laurel has the pink cat....




I DON'T WANT TO GET DRESSED! IS IT A SCHOOL DAY? WHY ISN'T LAUREL DRESSED?


HEY STOP IT! THATS MINE!


WHERE IS MY HOMEWORK?


DO I HAVE SOCCER TODAY? WHERE DID YOU PUT MY SHIN GUARDS?


NO! NEED SOCKS! NEED BACKPACK! NEED SCHOOL SHOES! TIME TO GO, SAY GOODBYE!




OK, I just need to put cold packs in and I'm done. Then I just need to get the twins dressed, lunches into backpacks, make sure Oliver has his red notebook and his green notebook. Holden needs to return the Tuesday folder, and turn in his homework....




HISSSSSSS ROOOAAARR!


SHRIEK!




The cats are fighting because we haven't fed them yet, the kids are screaming because the cats are fighting.




OK, everyone needs shoes and coats!




DO I HAVE TO WEAR A COAT? I HAVE LONG SLEEVES. WHAT IF I GET TOO HOT?




You have to wear a coat. We all do.




NO! OFF! OFF!




No, you have to wear a coat.




And we are on our way.




But I should really pack the lunches at night.

No comments: