Thursday, May 28, 2009

Honking Belly Buttons

I don't have a belly button. I just don't. Its all very hilarious to " honk" the belly button of a toddler, but so much less hilarious to " honk" the belly button of a grown up, specifically me. Therefore, I do not have a belly button. There is no need to expose my stomach to anyone because I DO NOT HAVE A BELLY BUTTON.

Despite years of my practiced speech regarding the futile nature of a belly button search my children are undeterred. Of course the older ones have by now figured out that I do have a belly button but it does not get honked. The younger ones are still contemplating the mystery.

This morning Griffin honked his own belly button and cracked up. Very, very funny. So funny he needed to share. He honked Laurel's belly button. Hilarity ensued. He set his sights on me.

No Griffin, I do not have a belly button.

He grabbed at my pajama top.

No Griffin, go get daddy's belly button.

The cat hopped up and sat down.

Oooh the cat's belly button can get honked.

COME BACK! Griffin chortled with glee as he tried to get the cat's belly button.

But that spot right under the cats tail? Not a belly button.

No comments: