Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not a Good Sign

It was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house not a creature was stirring, oh wait, wrong holiday, and no, no there was stirring:

Walle and Lucy were both staring at the same corner in the room, albeit from different angles, wide eyed with excitement. I knew this could only be something terrible. Something that extended beyond the depths of terrible. The last time I saw cats do that was when Chloe and Olivia ( her sister that died) stared at a previously unnoticed crack in my apt wall in NYC. Then I saw the antennae, then the giant water bug appeared.
So I KNEW, I KNEW, something terrible was occurring.
For whatever reason I did not allow my mind to wander. I thought there might be a big spider. So I carefully moved the furniture and THERE IT WAS THE BIGGEST POTATO BUG I'VE EVER SEEN AND OMG HELP ME.
I yelled to Jeff to come help and he said " They were right!" because of course not 10 minutes early Laurel had apparently claimed to have seen a scorpion and Griffin chimed in that he saw a scorpion and Jeff IGNORED them. Jeff trapped it with a dustpan and threw it outside and it made a dull thud when it landed because it was so large.

No comments: