Friday, October 28, 2011

Hellooooo?

Its those little moments, the ones that last less than a second that make it all worth while. No, I'm not referencing a sweet story reading session, or an unexpected cuddle on the sofa.

The other day things were not going well. Not well at all. The kids were all fighting, antagonizing one another, baiting one another. When its only 2/4 I consider the odds to be in my favor since that means half of my kids are not fighting. But this was not a 2 out of 4 afternoon. This was a 4 out of 4 afternoon. There were squabbles and squeals of distress. Someone was in someone's room and someone looked over someone's shoulder, and one child played with a toy that may have belonged to someone else, and someone looked at someone.

I tried to tune it out.

It didn't work. Fury gave way to door slamming and screaming. " Get out! Get out! Leave me alone! Go away!"

OK, I get that you would like alone time, and this is a very small house and no one gets alone time, but you cannot kick your brother out of a shared room.

"Leave me ALONE, Oliver!"

Giggle, giggle . "I'm not Oliver."

" Yes, you are! Get OUT!"

Giggle, giggle. "Hellooooo?"

"GO AWAY!"

" Hellooo? I am Jango Fett!"

Holden was not amused. I was.












No comments: